Winners of this year’s G Awards (G23) were announced on Friday night (24 November), at a black-tie presentation ceremony in London. Hosted by actor and comedian Omid Djalili, the awards event was attended by more than 700 people linked to the UK glazing industry, and took place in the grand ballroom of the Hilton on Park Lane hotel.
Representatives of two businesses celebrated a double win at the G23 Awards this year: Everglade Windows and Kubu Smart. Winners of the 14 categories of the G23 awards are listed below:
- Training and Development Initiative of the Year: Sternfenster
- Promotional Campaign of the Year: Deceuninck
- Unsung Hero Award Peter Eatough: Veka
- Customer Care Initiative of the Year: Everglade Windows
- Component Supplier of the Year: Kubu Smart
- Rising Star Award: Ben Hartshorn, Sheerline
- Commercial Project of the Year: The Residence Collection and HWL, Old Beech Farm Development
- Sustainability Initiative of the Year: Saint-Gobain Glass and Morley Glass
- Machinery Supplier Award: Haffner
- New Product of the Year: Kubu Floating Window Sensor, Kubu Smart
- Best Business Initiative: Epwin Window Systems
- Installer of the Year: Clearview Home Improvements
- Glass Company of the Year: ESG Group
- Fabricator of the Year: Everglade Windows
“What a night!” exclaimed Tony Higgin, organiser of the G Awards. “Many congratulations to this year’s winners of the G23 Awards.
“The quality and quantity of entries was truly outstanding. This year’s winners fully deserve this recognition for the innovation and professionalism they have shown in the industry.”
Industry colleagues and guests of the G23 Awards enjoyed a champagne reception sponsored by Emplas and Thermoseal Group. Category Sponsors for the event included AluK GB, BM Group, Deceuninck, Doorco, Epwin Window Systems, Fensa, GGF, Saint-Gobain, Sheerline, UAP and Veka.
Pilkington sponsored the table centrepieces; Carl F Groupco was the G23 trophy sponsor; Listers sponsored the table plan; Eurocell sponsored the winners’ interviews and Forel sponsored the 360° photobooth. The guests also enjoyed a casino sponsored by VBH UK, and live entertainment until the early hours.
Dates relating to next year’s G Awards (G24) are due to be published. Visit g-awards.com for more details.